3 Tips On How To Clean Aluminium Windows
Have you recently upgraded your home or property with sparkling new aluminium windows? Or perhaps you’ve had them for a while now and they’re in need of a new lease of life. Either way, it’s important that you regularly clean and maintain your frames to ensure you’re getting the long-lasting impact that aluminium frames provide.
Did you know: your frames will last much longer if they are regularly cleaned and maintained. This is particularly important for black aluminium frames – you’ll have much less risk of your frames fading with the right care and attention.
Read on to find out our top tips for regular maintenance of your aluminium windows.
1. Cleaning the glass
You may want to get in touch with a professional window cleaner to help you with the glass on the outside, however the cleaning process is very simple.
- Get your cloth or sponge of choice and a suitable glass spray.
- Spray the window and wipe the glass using the cloth (from left to right, top to bottom)
- Struggling with streaks? Try using a squeegee, newspaper or t-shirt and keep the same left-to-right, top-to-bottom wiping action
Top Tip: Cotton buds can be used to remove any dirt or debris from difficult corners, giving your windows a thorough clean, leaving no residue behind.
2. Cleaning the aluminium frames
Klosen’s aluminium frames are extremely durable – our powder coating element is even guaranteed for 25 years against corrosion. If your aluminium windows also have a powder coating, that means maintenance is even easier and the cleaning process is very simple.
- Find yourself a soft cloth – you don’t want to scrape or rub off the protective powder coating
- Clean the frames with a soft cloth and soapy water (non-abrasive, normal household detergent is best), making sure to get any dirt and debris
- Dry the frames with a soft, dry cloth
That’s it! We recommend cleaning your windows from top to bottom, so dirty water does not settle at the bottom of the frames.
3. Keep regular maintenance
Don’t worry, we wouldn’t ask you to clean your windows every week, or even every month! Though do make sure to keep an eye on them and give them a good clean a few times a year. If you don’t have the time, it may be worth getting a window cleaner to help keep those windows sparkling clean.
If you have any questions about the maintenance of your aluminium frames, or perhaps you’re interested in upgrading your property with Aluprof, Cortizo or SaS windows – get in touch with our team at Klosen.
We regularly work with architects, designers and homeowners, so we’re happy to help with any expert advice and inspiration for your project. Simply call us on 01778 346611 or email us at email@example.com today.